Wednesday 29 July 2015

Inside the Artist's Sketchbook - Hopes and Fears.


This is an old project I finished years ago but I felt like breathing some new life into it and presenting it differently. A lot of emotions have been stirred up by examining old thoughts and processes. It is very strange to deal with your own history but I am very proud of the work I created and some of the issues dealt with in the sketchbook are things that don't really get dealt with in today's society. This is just a sneak peek of the work I created but the sketchbook details my journey through lost pregnancy, the birth of my 7 year old daughter and postnatal depression. I discovered my visual language and developed a way of working which informs all the artwork I have made since and has changed my life forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment